Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thing 3



Thing 3 is about how we might use this new knowledge about blogging in our future classroom.
I have been reading blogs for the past year. I have mostly been following wedding blogs but through my favorite website of all Pinterest.com I have found a few other blogs about classrooms games, decorating ideas, different learning styles and other types of educational websites. In my future classroom I plan to use a blog mainly to let the parents of my students know what is going on in my classroom. I plan to post pictures and videos from my classroom. I will probably send out a newsletter during the beginning of the year explain what exactly a blog is and letting them know how to log on and comment and requesting their permission to share my pictures and videos with them. I think a blog is a great way to get the parents involved and help them to see their child while they are at school. I would also post homework, weekly objectives, and the standards that I am teaching along with the assignments that match each standard. I think that blogs are a great and easy way to share information quickly and I’m excited about furthering my blogging experiences!

2 comments:

  1. Kayla, I really like your post. I love the idea of posting a newsletter for parents on a class blog. A newsletter is a great way to keep parents in the loop, offer homework assignments of the week, extra credit opportunities, important dates and activities coming up. I also agree that posting the standards that the students are working on is important. My daughter is in the 4th grade and her teacher send home a newsletter with the standards they are working on each month, however by using a blog the communication can be interactive, it wont be lost, and every parent can have a front row seat to the happenings in the classroom. Great post, thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen,
    Thanks for your comment. Any way we can assure our parents that we are on the same side as them rooting for the kiddos or encourage parents to get involved in their students in education will make our lives easier!

    ReplyDelete